Saturday, April 5, 2008

Surpise for Sork's 60th

Tonight we attended a surprise birthday party for Sork who can no longer hide the fact that she'll be turning 60 in 10 days. While the party attendees were gathered and visiting, my cell phone rang in Kia's pocket and it was Sork (the honoree) calling me. Kia and Sork's son Tony were on the deck and told me to go talk in the backyard so Sork would not get suspicious of where I might be located. She DID ask where I was and what I was doing and I quickly answered "Kia is taking me to Lowes to buy some stuff". . .I must be a smooth liar because she totally believed me. I took this pic while chatting with her:

Here is Sork's "grand entrance" to the party:

This video clip is priceless. Sork got very teary-eyed as she let the initial shock settle in....hugged Merchi and then Tony upon entering the scene.

. . .think she is a bit bashful in her old age?

Potsou got her to face the camera!

Here she is with Sork Jr (a.k.a. the party planner):

No comments: