Monday, June 14, 2010

Busy Day

I had the privilege of playing with Dr. Laura in a golf outing to benefit Big Brothers Big Sisters of Southwestern Illinois. Oh if only one of us could have sunk a putt or two. . .

The long game was "on" but our 90-100 shots found us leaving ourselves with 25+ ft putts. My favorite quote "Drive for show, putt for dough" came to mind as we continued to MISS every birdie putt!
I could not resist this. Mr. Chris Karlin has embedded in me that our legal name is U.S. Bank National Association so whenever I see "US" instead of "U.S." I think of him. As we arrived at this tee box, I quickly found a Sharpie marker in my bag and "fixed" the sponsor sign to make Mr. Karlin proud.
Tonight Taylor and I went out for custard. . .
. . .and then she chased some ducks and although they ran away, she had a feather souvenir for her and one for Peyton:
Daddy and Peyton entertained a client at the Cardinal game. Peyton TRIED to get Mr. Pujols to throw her a ball in between innings the entire evening....but to no avail. At the very end of the game an usher walked up to Peyton and handed her a ball. Without even being prompted by Daddy, Peyton immediately handed the souvenir ball to the customer's 6 year old son. Our first born is READY for a SALES career! She already knows how to make customers smile. . .

No comments: