Wednesday, April 22, 2009

"TOURIST DAY" IN ST. LOUIS

The little ladies had a full day including a trip to the Zoo and a Cardinals baseball game. We began the day bright and early with Coomare and Sunny at the Zoo:
The Reptile House captivated everyone. . .
The Penguins & Puffins were too stinky for Sunny and Potsou to enter the exhibit but Peyton & Taylor sure enjoyed the 40 degree surroundings.
I call this pic "Gung's Gals". . .

CAROUSEL!
On our way home we stopped by the Missouri Baking Company for some cookies and their infamous chocolate drops. Taylor ate a Cardinals cookie:
While Peyton devoured an Earth Day cookie:
Before entering Busch Stadium we found our family brick and posed:
Little T was a bit clueless as to why we though the brick was so cool.
Daddy and his daughters just before the Anthem.
Peyton (with Daddy;s help) caught the ball tossed by a Cardinal after the top of the 1st inning! I have been trying to do this for YEARS but little did I know all you really need is a cute child by your side to attract the ball!!!
BIG HUG to celebrate Taylor getting the ball tossed to the fans after the top of the 2nd inning. SERIOUSLY she and I got it! Initially I caught the ball as it was landing in an 8 year old boy's glove. . .then I was a MATURE ADULT and gave it to the kid. When Pujols saw the look of sheer frustration and disgust on my face he tossed a ball straight to me and Little T! :-)
See the chick in the red #4 MOLINA shirt? She is like I used to be...desperate for a ball but childless :-) I let her borrow Peyton. Our attempt failed :-(

No comments: