Thursday, January 31, 2008

King Cake

We received a special delivery from FedEx during the girls' nap time today. Mr. Frank & Miss Louise sent us an authentic King Cake straight from the heart of New Orleans. I tried to explain the significance of the King Cake, Mardi Gras, Ash Wednesday, Lent, Easter, etc to Peyton but I could not quite get my explanation simple enough for her developing mind to comprehend. All she truly heard from my babbling was CAKE. As we sat down for dinner she was still talking about the King CAKE so I promised her she could apply the frosting and the colored sugar once she finished her meal. Needless to say it was so inspiring that she finished her meal before Taylor (a first).

Taylor devoured her portion, too:

Here is a clip of Daddy applying the colored sugar:


Thank you once again Miss Louise & Mr. Frank!

No comments: