Monday, November 23, 2009

Myrth (12/27/1912-11/21/2009)

Back in 1976 on my second birthday she was known as Nanny. . .
What could beat a Mickey Mouse doll while sitting next to Nanny for a Christmas Day (1976)picture?
Sitting aside my Godmother the day of my First Holy Communion:
Acting like fools poolside (1984):
This is the "album cover" to Myrth's first and last professional recording. It was actually an "interview" with me from 1984. I used to fool around with old 8 Track tapes with our family room stereo and one day I decided to tell Myrth she was invited to my "talk show". . .as always, I got her to cooperate!
Myrth was one of St. Luke's Hospital's most dedicated volunteers. She worked in the Medical Records department every Thursday.
Her love for Chicago shines through in this photo of the most spirited Bears fan. . .the shoulder pads were awkward at first but she quickly played the role!
I even got her to pose with me for an Old Time Photo. It was extremely difficult for us to maintain the serious faces.

Schnowzer's birthday gathering(1993):
Myrth and Buvie:
Here we are sporting our twin outfits:
Westminster College, 1996
One random evening we decided we (three generations) could be Viz models:
One day when I picked her up, I made her sit in the driver's seat so she could see how she'd look if she was a licensed driver.
She had such a tolerance level when it came to dealing with me!
We went to see Beauty & The Beast at the Fox. She enjoyed the Fox Club seats and the delicious food offerings.
A St. Louis salute from beneath the Gateway Arch:
When Myrth first moved to the nursing home and I got wind of a Halloween costume contest I found this surgeon costume for her. She won :-)
I hope you enjoyed this glimpse in to the life of Kelly & Myrth. I am so lucky to have so many wonderful memories. . .not just in my head but in numerous photos, videos, & CD recordings.

1 comment:

Buvie said...

This Thanksgiving, I am thankful for having in my life this woman whom I loved like she was my own Nanny. I will cherish the memories of the times I spent with her since I was 11 years old. Kelly, what an amazing blog tribute, I know this would make her proud of you, as usual! :)