Monday, August 11, 2008

Kelly met a 1977 Mouseketeer Sunday!

I am stunned right now. I just discovered that the boy who played Mowgli in The Jungle Book (see 8/10/08 entry) happens to be the son of Julie Piekarski. . .one of the Mouseketeers from "my vintage". My favorite childhood movie was The Mouseketeers at Walt Disney World - I actually bought the DVD online last year and now my girls even watch it and love to sing along to "Zip A Dee Doo Dah" & "River County" & "The Pooh Polka". This movie is the reason why I have always dreamt of staying at The Contemporary (my dream comes true in a few weeks).

I knew Julie grew up in St. Louis (Villa grad) but did not realize she returned and is now a Mom to three budding stars. If only I would have known who I was chatting with. . .she'd be on this Blog too!!!

No comments: